Re: python2.1 et al.

Cyrille, I's sure you don't mind quoting your mail in debian-python:

* Cyrille Chepelov <chepelov@calixo.net> [010726 21:10]:
> Le jeu, jui 26, 2001, à 05:24:04 +0200, Gregor Hoffleit a écrit:
> > It's been much too long since I posted the last status report. I'm
> > swamped with all kinds of real world work, and wasn't really able to
> > keep up in time with the discussion.
> >
> > Reading the discussion, I thought that in order to consolidate a Python
> > policy, it might help to collect the information in a Wiki. I tried to
> > setup a ZWiki, and started to fill in a few statements. You can enter
> > the ZWiki from this URL:
> >
> >     http://people.debian.org/~flight/python/policy/
>
> <sigh>Too bad there's no DocBook-aware Wiki system...</sigh>

Well, there's no DocBook-aware Wiki yet, but then, ZWiki uses mostly
StructuredText. The ZopeBook is written in StructuredText, too
(http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=21038), and they have a script
that renders that StructuredText into DocBook (cf.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zope-book/Book/StructuredText/).
At least it should be possible to export the Wiki's pages in DocBook
format.

OTOH, it's questionable if that would make up a pleasant document to
read ;-)

> I've added there a pointer to the experiment I made in Bordeaux at the
> beginning of the month, which is the result of long talks between me and
> Moshe Zadka. I had been waiting for Gregor's first impression on it before
> talking about it on the list, I guess this is about the right time.

To be honest, I got the idea to set up a Wiki while reading your
python-policy-experiments draft. I noticed that there are a few things
in that are quite controverse I guess, and a Wiki might be a better
place than a mailing list to collect feedback about the single issues.

> How are we going to work ? Shall I paste the text of the Bordeaux text into
> ZWiki nodes, and re-format them back into DocBook later ?

Hmm, if you have a little bit time to spend, then perhaps have a look at
the stuff mentioned above. With a little bit work, it might be possible
to augment ZWiki with an DocBook export button (or even a PDF rendering
FWIW).

Then yes, please feel free to put the stuff into the Wiki. I have no
idea if the Wiki will work for us, but it's worth a try I guess.

    Gregor