Re: Status report on python2 transition (possible solution)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 01:30:17AM +0200, Carel Fellinger wrote:
| On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 07:05:17PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
| > Ok, sure, replace the space separator between the versions with a
| > different ASCII separator.
|
| Won't do either, as this would make it impossible to pass default
| options like:
        ^

Yeah, but you're already still limited to only 1 option.

|    #!/usr/bin/python -u
|
| I know, this also doesn't work with
|
|   #!/usr/bin/env python -u
|
| and that's why I don't like that idiom (or actually I don't like this
| restriction in linux:)

I like the idiom because you don't necessarily know where python is.
Now that I've learned of the restriction on arguments, I don't like
that either :-).

Say, ..., is there a way for a python script to find out where the
python binary executing it is?  If so, then the "real" script could be
run via os.system by the Debian script that uses #! deb_py_ver.

-D