Re: Status report on python2 transition (possible solution)

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 11:30:28PM +0200, Carel Fellinger wrote:
| On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 03:25:20PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
| > o   The #! line should look something like
| >         #!/usr/bin/deb_py_ver 1.5.2 -
|
| I can't get things like this to work.  It seems one parameter at
| most is allowed there.

Huh?  The idea was that there would be a script/program named
deb_py_ver.  It would take 2 command-line arguments and determine
which python binary should be used.  It would then exec that python on
the script (which, IIRC, is on stdin of deb_py_ver).  This would allow
having a single program, rather than an exponentially growing number
of symlinks.  Otherwise the symlink idea is the simplest
implementation, except for handling which package to put each link in.

-D