Re: Status report on python2 transition

In article <[🔎] 20010705173337.E3258@mediasupervision.de> you wrote:
> I just browsed /usr/bin and /usr/sbin, and indeed there are plenty of
> scripts that use "#!/usr/bin/env python". If we consider the possibility
> that somebody installs non-compatible Python versions in the path, then
> these are bugs in that packages. Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> I guess we really, really need a Debian Python policy that mentions all
> these things.

Especially since "#!/usr/bin/env python" is recommended in the Python
FAQ (section 4.63 --
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq04.063.htp). Is
it bad to use in general, or just bad to use on Debian systems?

Aq.

--
There have to be people like me, so people like you can look so clever.
       -- Max Jaeger, Fatherland