Re: RFC: python-base, debconf and py/pyc files

I think this sounds good.  Then users who don't want to use the extra
disk space don't have to.

There is another tradeoff though.  I compared the size of several .py
and the corresponding .pyc files from the standard library and noticed
that the .pyc file is a little bit larger.  If the user likes disk
space more than speed they might want to have only .py files on the
system and let the interpreter recompile the source everytime it is
used.

-D