Re: Python 2.0 in Debian (was: Re: [Python-Dev] PEPS, version control, release intervals)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:14:17 +0100, Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net> wrote:

> So... if you link glibc with files compiled by a NON-GNU compiler, the
> resulting binary *has to be* glibc ? That's, well, fucked, if you pardon my
> french. But it's not my code, so all I can do is sigh <wink wink, Moshe > ;-P

Thomas, glibc is not currently supported on any non-GNU systems (and for the
sake of this discussion, NetBSD/FreeBSD/OpenBSD are GNU systems too, since
the only compiler that works there is gcc)

More, glibc uses so many gcc extensions that you probably will have a hard
time getting it to compile with any other compiler.

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,