Re: Proposal: Reorganizing Python for Python 2.0

calvin@users.sourceforge.net writes:
> And a final thought: why dont we replace Python 1.5.2 with 2.0 and
> save us all this hassle with Python versions? I dont think that there
> are Python apps that only work on 1.5, but not on 2.0.

The 2.0 license may not be compatible with the GPL.  Any GPLed Python
code will have to keep using 1.5, unless its author addresses this
incompatibility; Debian can't make that decision for them.  I would
expect this to become less and less of a problem in practice as the
Python developer community transitions to 2.0, but at the present time
we can't just swap versions.

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB  <robt@debian.org>