Re: New Python versions in Debian ?

Ben Darnell wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 01:49:13PM +0200, JXrXme Marant wrote:
> > What is planned for recent 1.6 and future 2.0 version on Python
> > in Debian ?
>
> Now that Python 2.0 is out, has a decision been made about its inclusion
> in Debian?

It seens that there is a license problem with 1.6 and 2.0. I don't think
it is really a problem, because the limitation will take place only when
somebody sues BeOpen (or CNRI) or violates the license, but I'm not a
law expert (neither in Brazil nor any of United States of America).

I'm interested in Python 2.0, mostly because of PyGNOME and frieds (that
is GPL'ed and not compatible with the new license).

If somebody here subscribe to debian-legal, please cross-post this. I'll
like to see a solution for this thing.

Best Regards,
--
   (   /'_ _ _/ (   /_     \  Claudemir Todo Bom
      teleinformatica /    |    http://www.wiredway.com.br/~allgood
http://www.wiredway.com.br \