Re: task-python, proper dependencies in other python packages

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 01:55:19PM -0500, Joe Block wrote:
> David Coe wrote:
> >
> > > I do think task-python(*) makes sense.  But I think a "python" package
> > > would just encourage people to make gratuitous overarching
> > > dependencies...
> >
> > Another good point.
>
> Part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a tool yet to
> automatically figure out which files your program is importing from, and
> what packages provide them.

The freeze utility (in python-examples) includes 'modulefinder.py', which will
report the modules used by a script.  This could be a start for
generating dependencies automatically.

-Ben
--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel@unity.ncsu.edu