task-python, proper dependencies in other python packages

David Coe wrote:

> > I do think task-python(*) makes sense.  But I think a "python" package
> > would just encourage people to make gratuitous overarching
> > dependencies...
>
> Another good point.

Part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a tool yet to
automatically figure out which files your program is importing from, and
what packages provide them.

>    task-python-bundle  have the entire upstream (www.python.org) distribution

> (I'm not sure I like the name '-bundle' -- if you have a better suggestion
> please speak up.)

task-python-standard or task-python-distribution?

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.