Re: request for access (or MR) to micronews.d.o

Hi again Federico,

On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 03:38:11PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 07:48:29AM -0400, Federico Grau wrote:
> >
> > I'm Fede Grau (donfede on irc), requesting some access to the micronews.d.o
> > Git repo on salsa.d.o .
> >
> >     https://wiki.debian.org/donfede
> >

> > Not sure that I require full access to all of `Publicity' on salsa.  At this
> > point I'm only focused on micronews.d.o , and would be ok with MR being
> > accepted after review or some other limited access.
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/micronews
>
> I think you should be able to create a MR for the micronews repo from that.
> Afaik every user on salsa has permission for that.

Excuse me, that was wrong (and thanks Ana for correcting me): MRs are disabled
for that repository; the idea is you ask for access via the salsa webinterface
at https://micronews.debian.org/pages/contribute.html and then, once granted,
push directly; see https://micronews.debian.org/pages/contribute.html for
detailed instructions.

> > While a little belated (started late and also encountered these MR
> > challenges), here is a sample MR I had drafted.  I'm also prepared to
> > collaborate with the publicity team to fit within their parameters.
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/donfede/micronews/-/commit/f13529eabef967f1bd58a3677fdccdb19d159395
>
> Please check out publicity-team/micronews/README.md for other hints and tips on
> how to get your micronews published.
>
> The commit looks good to me btw, thanks for your work!

More info about the teams way of working is at
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/micronews .

Thanks again for your interest, Bye,

Joost

Doe