Re: Not everything clear in the Bullseye announcement

Hi Donald,

On Wed, 2021-08-11 at 19:56 -0400, Donald Norwood wrote:
> > What puzzled me is ipp-usb. The paragraph states that it can be used to treat a
> > USB printer like a network printer, but CUPS can handle USB printers just fine.
> > Why would anyone need this so much that we mention it in a press release? Does
> > it help with driverless printing?
>
> which leads to this mash up on the first pass, the release notes
> indicate that "This leads to a suitable device being automatically set
> up to use a driverless backend driver when it is connected to a USB
> port." As that portion was not specific but included to reference the
> use of ipp-usb it was included.
>
> I've re-worded both sentences to hopefully make them much clearer.

they are, thank you!

> > Plus, I'd like it if we dropped the hard disk from "install Debian onto your
> > computer's hard disk" in the live media section. It has some of a oldschool
> > vibe to it, not only because hard disks are out of style but because nobody
> > talks that way anymore (people just install software "on their computers",
> > regardless of the storage technology). We're too modern to sound oldschool 😉
>
> "Data Storage Device" doesn't have the same ring to it, and I don't
> think that we wish to ostracize the thousands of raid arrays out in the
> wild, many of which support our work and software mirrors. :)

Not exactly, what I meant was that maybe we could delete the reference to the
hard drive and just write "install Debian on your computer". Include everyone
by not mentioning the differences so to speak.

Greetings,
Erik