Re: Draft announcement for 10.7

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 11:49:51AM +0100, Jean-Pierre Giraud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 02/12/2020 à 20:49, Adam D. Barratt a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just committed a draft announcement for Saturday's point release
> > to the publicity announcements repo.
> >
> > We may not end up including the openjdk-11 updates, but I figured it
> > was easier to remove them from the announcement later than to try and
> > add them in once translation had started.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Adam
> >
> I think there is probably a mistake in the wording of the line 106 : I
> think, accordind to the text of the CVE-2019-20218 and of the DLA-2340,
> it would be best to change :
> s/possible crash with stacking unwinding/possible crash unwinding WITH
> stack/

I disagree.  The text is correct as written.  The issue is that stack
unwinding proceeds even after a parse error.  The parse error in
question involves the SQL keyword WITH.  The description says
"selectExpander in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 proceeds with WITH stack
unwinding even after a parsing error" which can also be read as
"selectExpander in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 can encounter a parse error
involving the WITH keyword and proceeds to unwind the stack even after
the error".

Regards,

-Roberto

--