Re: Communication project about training for the CT

Hi,

Many thanks Justin. Yes, English is a recurrent problem for me. :(

Here is the actual text release from your feedback. I plan to send it to d-d-a this week

"New resources for newcomers in the community team

In September, the Debian project talked about funding training for teams, whose work cuts across the whole project, to help them with their responsibilities. As most of the Community team started in 2020, they decided to get involved in some training, in conjunction with the GNOME team, about the enforcement of the Code of Conduct in an organization, especially online.

The session took place on November 11, via Otter Tech. Three members of the community team attended. Thanks to GNOME for sharing this opportunity.

This training had two useful features for us given our experience in the team: first, it confirmed some of our approaches to the issues, during events or in the project's daily life. This makes us more confident in our ability to handle code of conduct problems issues. Feel free to come to us if you have a problem related to this important document for the project. And second, it provided some document resources. We are now sure we have the relevant resources to help future newcomers to learn our mission more easily.

Beyond the process building, we now have resources for management of the issues themselves, including templates and milestones to ensure we are more efficient.

The community team is always recruiting. We now have eight members, but this is a difficult job with a high turn-over. So any new member is welcome, provided you are a Debian developer. We also need to ensure the team's diversity, so that in the cases we need to deal with, we can act appropriately according to anyone's sensitivities (depending on sex, culture/religion/country, age, disability, etc).

Feel free to apply as a new member; you will be helpful and will be supported for this by the team via our new resources."

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization

Here is a kind of text I suggest to report the project about the training we
attended yesterday. I let the publicity team tell us the best format, and
the community team to say if someone should be improved.

It needs a bit of work on the English - I'd suggest something like this:

   "New resources for newcomers in the community team
In September, the Debian project talked about funding training for
   teams

[At this point I trip over the word "transversal"... Maybe:]

   whose work cuts across the whole project, to help them with their
   responsibilities. As most of the Community team started in 2020,
   they decided to get involved in some training, in conjunction with
   the GNOME team, about the enforcement of the Code of Conduct in an
   organization, especially online.
The session took place on November 11, via Otter Tech. Three members
   of the community team attended. Thanks to GNOME for this generosity.

[Or perhaps "for sharing this opportunity"?]
This training had two useful features for us given our experience in
   the team: first, it confirmed some of our approaches to the issues,
   during events or in the project's daily life. This makes us more
   confident in our actions and enables us to say again the most
   important things to take into account during a code of conduct

[I don't follow what this is saying, or why it isn't simply "confident
in our ability to handle code of conduct problems"...]

   problem in a free software organization. And second, it provided
   some document resources. We are now sure we have the relevant
   resources to help future newcomers to learn our mission more easily.
   Beyond the process building, we now have resources for management of
   the issues themselves, including templates and milestones to ensure
   we are more efficient.
The community team is always recruiting. We now have eight members,
   but this is a difficult job with a high turn-over. So any new member
   is welcome, provided you are a Debian developer. We also need to
   ensure the team's diversity, so that in the cases we need to deal
   with, we can act appropriately according to anyone's sensitivities
   (depending on sex, culture/religion/country, age, disability, etc).
   Feel free to apply as a new member; you will be helpful and will be
   supported for this by the team on behalf of our new resources."

["On behalf of" here is probably an error for... maybe just "with"?]