Communication project about training for the CT

Hi,

Here is a kind of text I suggest to report the project about the training we attended yesterday. I let the publicity team tell us the best format, and the community team to say if someone should be improved.

"New resources for new comers in the community team

On Semtember, the Debian project talked about funding training for teams with transversal
work in the project, to help them in their responsibilities. As most of the
Community team started on 2020, they decided to get involved in a training,
in conjunction with the GNOME team, about the enforcement of the Code of COnduct in an
organization, in particular online.

The session happent on November, 11th, via Otter tech. 3 members of the community
team attended. Thanks to GNOME for this share.

This training had 2 interests for us given our experience in the team: first, it confirmed some of our approaches of the issues, during events or in the project daily life. That makes us confident in our action and enabled to say again the most imortant things to take account during a code of conduct problem in a free software organization. Next, some document resources were provided. We are now sure we have the relevant resources to help future new comers to learn our mission more easily. Beyond the process building, we now have resources about the issues management themselves, including templates and milestones to ensure we are more efficient.

The community team is always recruiting. We now have eight members, but this is a difficult job with a high turn-over chance. So any new member is welcome, provided* that is a Debian developer. Also we need to ensure the team includes diversity, so that during the cases we need to address, we can act appropriately according to the sensitiveness of anyone (depending on sex, culture/religion/country, age,
disability, etc). Feel free to apply for becoming a new member, you will be
helpful and supported for this by the team on behalf of our new resources."

@publicity: I hope to send a next report about our sprint on October.

Best regards

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL