Re: Debian Presentation

On 19/04/2019 07:40, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Hi again Paul,
>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 09:09:46PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> On 17/04/2019 13:43, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for sharing your presentation!
>>>
>>> It says "LICENSE Creative commons".  It's not really clear _which_ CC license
>>> you mean there.  You might want to change that to e.g.  "CC BY 4.0", see
>>> https://creativecommons.org/choose/ for information on how to choose a CC
>>> license.
>>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 01:26:31PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Made a few more updates,  added the diversity statement too, also tried
>> to make sure all slides are using the \block element in LaTeX.
>>
>> https://github.com/zleap/DebianPresentation
>>
>> I need to get this moved over to Salsa at some point too.
>
> Yes, that'd be cool.  Also, publishing proper commits on individual sources
> files would be helpful for collaboration.  (We've discussed this on IRC.)
>

> One minor remark: On your slide "languages" you list 30 languages.
>
> However, on https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2019/20190415 it
> says:
>
>  Localization status
>  76 languages are supported in this release.
>  Full translation for 38 of them.
>
> More details at
> https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/translation-status.html
>
> The tricky thing is: different aspects of Debian system have different levels
> of translation status.  I believe the Debian installer is available in most
> languages.
>
> Looking at e.g. the GNOME system, it says, at
> https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.32/ :
>
>  Thanks to members of the worldwide GNOME Translation Project, GNOME 2.32
>  offers support for more than 50 languages with at least 80 percent of strings
>  translated, including the user and administration manuals for many languages.
>
> So, listing only 30 languages in your slides is a bit too pessimistic imho :)
>
> Thanks for your work!
>
> HTH, Bye,
>
> Joost

Hi Joost

Thanks for this,  I had a strong feeling there were more than 30
languages but that source only listed 30.   I will update,

Not sure why this page
(https://www.debian.org/international/index.en.html) only lists 30,
Maybe someone could look in to that ?

2. So with individual commits I would do

git add file1.txt
git commit -m "message for file1.txt"

git add file2.txt
git commit -m "message for file2.txt"