Re: status of debian-timeline package, are maintainers needed? (not sure)

Hi,

On 08/24/2018 05:22 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 2:25 AM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>
>> CC'ing Paul Wise and Chris Lamb as they are listed as maintainers: Paul,
>> Chris, are any of you willing to continue with this task in the future?
>> If not, anybody else?
>
> Both of us as well as the publicity team have many other things to
> work on. I think it would be good if a new person with few other FLOSS
> responsibilities were to jump in and help out with maintaining the
> data. IMO contributing to the timeline would also be a great way for
> such a new person to get to know the Debian community via the
> information feeds that the timeline is covering. For sponsoring
> uploads, there are a number of active sponsors who sponsor pretty much
> every update (and lots of new packages) submitted as a Request For
> Sponsor (RFS) via the normal process, but failing that I can sponsor
> it if I see an RFS pass by on the mentors list.
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
> I've taken the liberty of creating a merge request [0] that adds the
Mini DebConf in HH. I've also created a branch that bumps standard
version and updates the changelog [1] - based on that branch i've built
and uploaded the package to mentors [2] (as NMU) and created an RFS for
the package (#907275).
I'd be happy to look a bit after the package and upload new version +
creating RFS from time to time with prior consultation of the the
publicity team.

cheers,
Birger (bisco)

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/debian-timeline/merge_requests/3