Re: draft blog post welcoming summer interns

On 26/05/18 08:43, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

Hi Paul

El 26 de mayo de 2018 3:37:33 CEST, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> escribió:
On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 6:00 AM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

Long overdue, I've almost finished the blog post that we'd like to
publish to welcome this year's summer interns.
Would it be possible to avoid hemisphere-specific words?
Sure, thanks for the reminder.

I'd suggest replacing "summer" with "GSoC 2018".
I'll use GSoC 2018 and Outreachy.

I notice the URL changed to:
https://bits.debian.org/drafts/welcome-gsoc2018-and-outreachy-interns.html

A couple of the bullet points are not appearing correctly, the student and project name appears on the same line

It would probably look better to show the real names rather than the nicks used in Google's portal:

darkLord = Umang Parmar
diveshuttam = Divesh Uttamchandani
samueloph = Samuel Henrique
realslimshanky = Shashank Kumar

Please also insert a space in VishalGupta and change ÇELİK to lowercase

Could you defer the announcement until Tuesday morning to give people time to reply on Monday?  Some people may not be active over the weekend.

For many projects, the original project advertisement is not the best thing to link to.  For example, for the Wizard project, we created two new pages:

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/WizardForStudentsAndNewInternsDetails
  (tracks progress in the current round)
https://wiki.debian.org/NewContributorWizard
  (general overview of the project aims)

and I would suggest linking to the latter.

Here is another example:

https://wiki.debian.org/SocialEventAndConferenceCalendars

Would it also be possible to get mentor names into the announcement?  We have a great team this year and they have already done a tremendous amount of work promoting the program and sifting through a huge number of emails and student applications to get us to this stage.

Thanks for putting this together.

Regards,

Daniel