Re: possible to have something like AMA and ask about specific teams/roles

at bottom :-

On 15/02/2018, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:28 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>
>> What do people think about it ?
>
> I think it would be a great idea if you can find folks willing to be
> interviewed and find the enough audience to ask interesting questions.
>
> A set of interviews at DebConf would be another incarnation of this
> idea and could also be interesting.
>
> --
> bye,
> pabs
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Dear all,

hmm... I don't think both the ideas are exclusive. I would say both
the ideas have merits and each has its own advantages and
disadvantages based on the mediums we use.

If we have a textual interface, the medium itself makes both the
questions and answers a bit more elaborate while also being a bit more
thought out. Also you are able to share hyperlinks wouldn't need much
of post-processing apart from editing grammar bits or editing a line
or two to make questions or answers more tidier.

Doing interviews on live TV or similar, the interviewer has a bit more
of the interviewee to work with, the body language and which topics
are comfortable or uncomfortable. Asking uncomfortable questions is
the most toughest ones and more easily dealt when doing it via
text/email/forums.

I *think* you hit  the nail on the head when you say who should we ask
about whom people think might be interesting to talk. I do have few
teams on mind, we could hold a poll to ask more people, although what
tool we should use for poll and how do we have some cutoff while
having more people participate in the poll process as well as in the
actual framing of questions is something we would need to figure out
(implementation details).

Some of the teams we could ask are -

1. debian-games-team - FWIW I think they are a highly underrated team
and constantly have to fight for new blood while at the same time you
have games which are so old and there is not much on popcon to paint a
picture either way so they are in somewhat of a double bind.

2. debian-kde-qt-team - There has been lot of churn both within kde
and QT over the last year or so, at the same time without nokia as a
benefactor they have had a huge hit for funding. They have been trying
to emulate GNOME or more appropriately libgtk to  have some sort of
striped down UI which industries could use which will ensure the
continuity and balance of the project.

3. Xorg/Wayland - There is at least to my knowledge not much in way of
x-wayland that has come in userland despite all the hype. Maybe our
xorg team could do a bit of looking into the fishbowl to read the
future as to where they think things will end up and if x.org will go
the way of dodo ?

4. Kernel - After the spectre/meltdown disaster and Linus swearing for
delay of 4.15 is probably a ripe time to ask where they see things
heading.

Looking forward to what people think.

--
          Regards,