Re: Drafting announcement for shutting down ftp

Hi all

El 28/03/17 a las 22:04, Bastian Blank escribió:
Hi Laura

Sorry about the wait, I did not manage to get anything useful done.

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 01:37:39PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
I would go to a "traditional" announcement (to be sent by mail to
debian-announce and published in www.debian.org/News).

We need to go that route as this affects our users.  Not that much as we
did not really advertise the service for a long time.

Feel free to commit your draft in
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/announcements.git/tree/en/drafts
and ping us to review or continue drafting it.

Done, please take a look at it.

Some people have been working in the announcement in the last days; in my opinion it's almost ready for publishing. Please have a look:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/announcements.git/tree/en/drafts/shutting-down-ftp-services.wml

* We would need the actual date of shutting down services
* For publishing, the publicity delegates suggest the week of 24-30 April 2017.

Best regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona