Re: have new packages listed on the debian landing page

On Sat, 2017-05-13 at 17:52 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> 1. How can I get the output I am getting on CLI I can have on a file

Either copy-and-paste from your terminal or shell redirection features:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guide_to_Unix/Explanations/Pipes_and_Job_Control

> [$] ./process.pl > list.json

The script outputs HTML not JSON, so you want this:

./process.pl > list.html

> 2. Is there a way to remove libraries from the list itself ?

Either manually or modifying the process.pl script to add a line like this:

next if m{^lib} && !m{^libre};

Inside the while loop after chomp.

In perl, this means skip to the next iteration of the loop if the
current loop argument ($_) matches the regex ^lib but does not match
the regex ^libre. The ^ in the regexes means the start of the line.

http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/next.html
http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/if.html
http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/m.html
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlvar.html#General-Variables