Re: Please update the debian logo of your service

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:02:08PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> The official logos are here:
> https://www.debian.org/logos/
> (from there I got them to put the mourning ribbon).
>
> I suppose that for the usual logo you can hotlink there.

Uhm, I'm not entirely sure. My point is that, I suspect, we want the
official logos on that page to look "normal" also during exceptional
circumstances (e.g., for people who might want to download and store
them). Whereas the logos that appear as part of the website theme should
look exceptional during exceptional circumstances. And you can't have
both.

So I think we need a dedicated URL for logos meant to be hotlinked. And
to give someone (like the publicity team) the ability to make the files
behind those URLs point to either the normal logos, or the exceptional
ones, as needed.

> I've filed a bug against www.debian.org with this proposal
> https://bugs.debian.org/813341

I apologize in advance but I won't have time/energy to follow the
discussion there.  With this mail I just wanted to make sure that we
actually agree on what the requirements are.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader . . . . . @zacchiro . . . . o o o . . . o .