Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 16:45:34 +0000
From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: debian-sprints@lists.debian.org
Cc: leader@debian.org, auditor@debian.org, debian-edu@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian Edu sprint end of November 2016 in Oslo

Hi,

I'm quite very happy to announce that we'll finally be having a Debian
Edu developer gathering again! It will take place in Oslo in the
"bitraf"-hackerspace on the next weekend and the main topic will be the
upcoming Stretch release, from a Debian Edu POV.

(As you might know or not, since the Jessie release, we have a Debian Edu
Jessie release with 100% packages from Debian stable.)

As previously discussed with Mehdi in private (using the leader@d.o
account though) we would be very happy if Debian could sponsor this
sprint with up to 1500 EUR for travel and accomodation reimbursements
of attending contributors from outside Norway.

According to current plans we will approximatly only need <900 EUR to
cover the costs of travel for Mike, Wolfgang, Phil and myself plus
accomodation for three of us, but I'd prefer to ask for a slightly
bigger budget, should we be lucky and receive some last minute
attendees.

Mehdi, can you please approve this sponsorship of up to 1500 EUR?!

The wiki page to describe the sprint is here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Gathering/2016-11-Oslo

(though there is also one in the sprints namespace, though this is
mostly a pointer: https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianEdu )

The meeting was first publically announced more than a month ago, on our
developers mailinglist, see
https://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2016/10/msg00039.html

Mike Gabriel also recently blogged about it, so planet.d.o also knows by
know: http://sunweavers.net/blog/node/49

Thanks!

--
cheers,