Re: Please update the debian logo of your service

El 31/01/16 a las 21:17, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 09:06:23PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>> After one month of showing logos with the mourning ribbon, and having
>> honoured the memory of Ian Murdock in FOSDEM too, www.debian.org,
>> bits.debian.org and a few other services will return to the usual logo
>> in the next hours/days.
>>
>> We suggest that you update your services too.
>
> So, instead of reverting a manual change in many places, with another
> manual change in the same places, why don't we take this chance to
> switch to something that would make things easier if ever, in the
> future, we need to change the logo in many places at once?
>
> Can we have a list of (relatively) stable URLs, with the various kinds /
> form factors of logos, that are meant to be hotlinked from Debian
> services?
>
> I'll be more happily switch to hotlinking to a www.d.o URL than back to
> a version of the logo embedded in Debsources and tons of other places.
>
> (Of course if the answer is: «good idea, we should do that, but not now»
> I can do the manual revert and the switch to hotlinking when that's
> ready. But this seems like a good chance to catch two birds with one
> stone.)

The official logos are here:
https://www.debian.org/logos/
(from there I got them to put the mourning ribbon).

I suppose that for the usual logo you can hotlink there.

For 'special' logos, maybe we can create a "special" folder under
www.debian.org/logos and store there the mourning ones, and the future
ones.

I've filed a bug against www.debian.org with this proposal

https://bugs.debian.org/813341

hopefully we can gather there opinions and decide what is best for
everybody.

Best regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina