Re: Updating delegation - Press/Publicity/Bits

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 12:05:18PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> English is not my native language, but I believe "moderate" should
> read "moderates".

Moderate as a singular is used when it's being used as a verb, at least
in en_GB :)

> >- The team is also responsible for the maintenance of the News
> >   part of the English version of the Debian website (i.e. the content
> >   currently located under webwml/english/News/).
> >
> >- The team is in charge of deciding the most suitable publication venue
> >   or venues for announcements and when they are published.
> >
> >- Team members must word articles in a way that reflects the Debian
> >   project's stance on issues rather than their own personal opinion.
>
> This is not an actual task. I do not think delegations should try
> telling teams how to do their job, and I do not think neutrality
> should only be requested from the publicity team... if there is such a
> thing as neutrality.

Delegations are not only about tasks, and this doesn't tell them how to
fulfil the role. It's a limiting on the scope of the delegation though.

I should point out that this text was the one proposed by the team
itself: https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2015/08/msg00032.html

> That being said, I really think such a cut would be detrimental. I
> have been focused on project news, but ever since Joey left, "the
> team" (we did not talk about a team back then) has been understaffed.
> Removing most members will certainly push quality and timeliness even
> lower.

This isn't to stop anyone doing any work - I believe that the only
actual people who I expect to be 'removed' are Joey, and myself.

Neil