Re: Git repository for Debian Publicity

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> During the last meeting, transition from SVN to Git was discussed.
> The question of the layout of the repo was asked: a unique repository
> reflecting the current SVN structure, or multiple repository?

Data point; we already have a separate git repo for the timeline:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/debian-timeline.git/

That said, I don't really mind either way.

> Do you know a technical solution to keep the
> Git and SVN repos synced in the mean time?

Should just be a matter of not properly completing the transition and
running `git svn rebase` periodically. The final conversion should of
course be done from scratch to get rid of the git-svn metadata, fix up
branch names etc.

--
bye,
pabs