Re: Participation in Publicity Team

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, jathan wrote:

> Hi team.

Hi :)

Sorry for the extreme lateness of this reply, it seems people don't
read the list very often.

> I join to the Debian Publicity Team to help with general issues
> and stuff related to DebConf15 and socialmedia.

Awesome!!

> For now I have read finally the Debian Publicity Team Wiki
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity and joined to this mailing list
> and IRC channel. Where can I view pending tasks requiring support
> please? or What would be good to help more immediately? Thanks.

A great way to start is to help out with the newsletter:

https://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute

In particular it would be excellent to have Spanish translations of
the newsletter, those appear to have stopped in 2012.

There is a list of ways to get involved here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity#Get_involved

We included a fairly comprehensive list of ways to help the team in
our recent announcement:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/11/msg00009.html

The mail also includes a bunch of ideas that we haven't had time to
implement yet.

If you have more specific questions please do ask.

If you need more direct guidance, lets chat on the IRC channel.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise