Re: Bits from the Publicity Team

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 07:26:58AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Ana,
>
> [I'm recovering slowly from vacation backlog]
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 07:28:11AM +0100, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> >
> > First of all, your post was perfectly formatted :) I won't publish it
> > because as you mentioned, it has been already published in plenty of
> > other places (d-d-a, blogpost in planet) and it has probably already
> > arrived to the intended audience. The text is a report and it doesn't
> > fit the bits.d.o style that's usually less information, highlighting
> > a few things and giving hints to where find more.
>
> OK.
>
> > What I would love publishing is a more general blog post about what
> > is Debian Med, what you have done so far, what are your plans for Jessie
> > and in the near future and how to join you. You could see it as a recruiting
> > post for both users and developers. What do you think?
>
> I'll put this on my todo list.  Perhaps something which might be a
> target for the publicity team is a paper we prepared for a heath care
> journal but these guys never responded afte we finished the text which
> is IMHO quite well written and proof read by native speakers:
>
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/community/papers/13_healthcafe/

A shorter version of this paper would be great. It shouldn't be too long
as the paper and the language should be adapted from the "academic" paper
tone to something more informal for the blog. But you can add links
for further information :) I think you also can safely assume that target
public knows about free sofware and Debian.
I can start a titanpad with what I consider the most interesting parts
but I prefer if you hilight what you think it's more important.

Ana