Re: Bits from the Publicity Team

Hi Ana,

[I'm recovering slowly from vacation backlog]

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 07:28:11AM +0100, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:

> First of all, your post was perfectly formatted :) I won't publish it
> because as you mentioned, it has been already published in plenty of
> other places (d-d-a, blogpost in planet) and it has probably already
> arrived to the intended audience. The text is a report and it doesn't
> fit the bits.d.o style that's usually less information, highlighting
> a few things and giving hints to where find more.

OK.

> What I would love publishing is a more general blog post about what
> is Debian Med, what you have done so far, what are your plans for Jessie
> and in the near future and how to join you. You could see it as a recruiting
> post for both users and developers. What do you think?

I'll put this on my todo list.  Perhaps something which might be a
target for the publicity team is a paper we prepared for a heath care
journal but these guys never responded afte we finished the text which
is IMHO quite well written and proof read by native speakers:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/community/papers/13_healthcafe/

There is another short news item about a scientific publication with
heavy involvement of Debian Med:

   http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/15/S14/S7/abstract

What would you consider the best way to publish this in the Debian
scope?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--