Re: will debian issue a statement regarding Assange talk?

Hi Neil, hi Andre,

Am 10.04.2014 15:03, schrieb Neil McGovern:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 09:39:58AM -0300, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
>> Will Debian Project issue a statement regarding Assange talk citing
>> Debian ssl?
>>
>> People are asking about the subject on communities and even directly.
>>

> Hi Andre,
>
> I'm not really sure what you mean by the project making a statement, or
> really feel that it's appropriate for us to do so. Assange was pointing
> out that the Open Source development methodology isn't immune to
> mistakes being made in software, but they do at least get spotted.
>
> I'm not sure that there's anything to respond to in that comment.
>
> Neil

I am quite new to the project but I have to admit that I was struck by what
Assange said about the mentioned incident. Not by the mere fact of its
occurrence, but by his insinuations that this might not have happened by
accident. At least, that's what I understood of what he said. It might not be
worthwhile commenting on it in DPN, but it's quite irritant.

Kind regards

Stephan