Re: DPN 2013/06 frozen. Please review and translate.

On 2013-03-15 17:43, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
(please reply on -publicity list)

Hi all,

We have just finished the last bits of the new issue of DPN
to be released Monday. We would appreciate reviews and translations.

Instructions are available on the wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

As usual, the last updated version is available on the publicity
Subversion repository, even via HTTP:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/dpn/en/current/index.wml?view=co

Cheers,

Cédric

Thank you Cédric and everyone. Here are my remarks:

SUMMARY="Debian Edu Squeeze updated, started the campaign for DPL election 2013, a deeper look inside the freeze, birth of Kali Linux"

What started the campaign for DPL election 2013?

So far, the main topics discussed have been:
questions about
of new contributors</a>  and
the use of<a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2013/03/msg00053.html";>Debian's
money</a>  and the possibility of
campaigns</a>  to renew Debian's core hardware infrastructure;
and possible changes to the constitutional role of the DPL, including
the<a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2013/03/msg00045.html";>creation
of a DPL board</a>  or
of the term of office</a>.

The main topics have not been questions...

A deeper look inside the freeze

The article linked is long and this title doesn't say much about its content. Perhaps "Communication with the release team" would be better.

Raphaël Hertzog
about the birth of<a href="http://www.kali.org/";>Kali
Linux 1.0</a>, a new Debian derivative developed by
Offensive Security to be an advanced and stable penetration testing distribution.

The link to kali.org is not to version 1.0 in particular.

The majority of the software in Debian is now team-maintained
through a VCS repository (mostly Git), and packaged using<tt>dh</tt>.

This seems wrong, or at least dependent on the definition of "The majority of the software" and "team-maintained" used. The article uses the number of source packages to quantify. By that definition, most source packages are not team-maintained, unless "team-maintained" is defined as not "not co-maintained".

According to the<a href="http://udd.debian.org/";>Ultimate Debian
Database (UDD)</a>, the top 10 RC-bug closers during March are:

<ol>
<li>Michael Gilbert</li>
<li>LaMont Jones</li>
<li>Julien Cristau</li>
<li>Ludovico Cavedon</li>
<li>Raphaël Hertzog</li>
<li>Gregor Herrmann</li>
<li>Sebastian Ramacher</li>
<li>Abou Al Montacir</li>
<li>Arno Töll</li>
<li>Sébastien Villemot</li>
</ol>
Well done!
More information on this data is available

Interesting (although not necessarily exact and concise)!

I wouldn't put a comma between "March" and "23".

<rcstatslink release="Wheezy"
	url="http://richardhartmann.de/blog/posts/2013/03/15-Debian_Release_Critical_Bug_report_for_Week_11/";
	testing="115"
	tobefixed="41" />

According to the referenced source, tobefixed is actually 74 :-(