php5-suhosin in Debian

Is this package dead? It looks like the project is no longer maintained - Last dated bit I can find on the project page is 2007

There are several bugs listed all complaining that it is uninstallable that should be merged and if this package is being abandoned it would be good to say that is the case as it provided some security. Some kind of comment in the bugs would help.

An entry in Debian Project News as to the status of suhosin would help inform people.

http://debian.distrosfaqs.org/debian-user/wheezy-still-missing-php5-suhosin/

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

I only hope my children will honor me by not taking a government job,
but instead do something that creates some wealth. -kps