Re: Nine Myths That Shouldn't Stop You From Trying Debian

On 2013-04-05 08:35, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 08:12:38AM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
This should definitely be added to PressCoverage, but IMO it is not
matter for the DPN. The DPN consists of news, and I fail to see
what's new here. A new opinion that Debian can be worth a try won't
be great news for Debian users, and I'd imagine the vast majority of
our readership consists of Debian users.
I personally disagree. News articles like this can very useful material
for our community to promote Debian and the fact they get published can
create some hype (people denting, talking about that, etc).

That's the thing. It is a new article, but I don't consider it as a news article. I consider it as an editorial.

Otherwise, I agree that good coverage could be promotion material, but I'm afraid that this article is far from ideal for promotion means, although it could be used for "promotion" in the sense of countering arguments against Debian.