Re: Nine Myths That Shouldn't Stop You From Trying Debian

On 2013-04-04 15:32, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
Hello,
This interesting article may deserve citation on next DPN:
http://www.datamation.com/open-source/nine-myths-that-shouldnt-stop-you-from-trying-debian-1.html
Please, evaluate it.

Regards.
Andre Felipe Machado
http://www.techforce.com.br
Thanks Andre!
This should definitely be added to PressCoverage, but IMO it is not matter for the DPN. The DPN consists of news, and I fail to see what's new here. A new opinion that Debian can be worth a try won't be great news for Debian users, and I'd imagine the vast majority of our readership consists of Debian users.

In addition, there are a number of problematic parts:
7. Unstable is Unstable

Similarly, users can choose not to use proprietary firmware when they install. With these options, you can easily install a free Debian system if you choose.
But no proprietary firmware is in fact the default.