Re: Formatting suggestion for Debian Project News' similar sections

Hi,

At Thu, 9 Feb 2012 23:29:02 -0600,
Fernando C. Estrada wrote:

> For l10n-spanish we copied dpn/en/index.wml-template to
> dpn/es/index.wml-template, then we translated it, and to start a new
> issue we use the translated version of the template so we avoid the work
> of translate common sections between issues and we just care when
> someone modifies the english template. Does this solve the problem?

Thank you for showing the Spanish translation team's work-flow. I have
never done in such a way, but I think there are still messy tasks even
we have our own translation memory like dpn/es/index.wml-template.

During working on dpn/es/current/index.wml, we have to find which
sections and/or paragraphs are used in current issue by comparing
dpn/en/index.wml-template and copy translated one from
dpn/es/index.wml-template and substitute parameters (e.g. number of
orphaned and up-for-adoption packages) by hand.

Because most of parameters usually don't need to be translated, such
work could be automatically done by WML.

Regards,
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3@yahoo.co.jp>