Re: Internal communication - Mailing Lists Code of conduct

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> > >Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists
> > >via packet radio, where swearing is illegal.
> >
> > These may sound like common and boring rules from every day life,
> > probably because they probably are, but I thought it could help to
> > remind them.
>
> I'm sorry that you were the subject of attacks. But the team is working
> relatively well and your complaints were mostly unfounded as you have been
> shown.
>
> If the process used by the team doesn't suit you, don't try imposing a new
> process. You're not forced to contribute here.

That was such a thread break that I looked in the archive and found
http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/08/msg00004.html
- is that what this is about?

Of course, no DD is compelled to contribute, but we care about debian
and that's why we're here, you know?  Can't we rejoice in that common
cause and just deal with the other stuff?

At its core, it looks like a complaint that the actual process being
undocumented, which is made more explicit in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/08/msg00014.html

Where is the attempt to impose a new process?  The cited wiki page
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity wasn't written by FK and FK
only made process suggestions when people asked.  Some of the
follow-ups get a bit off-colour, but from several people.

Personally, I don't care whether the workflow is documented as-is
or changed, but describing it may avoid disappointing other DDs.

ObOffer: I'll configure IRC monitoring of #debian-publicity for and
subscribe any DD who wants to receive its output, if that's OK.
Or not if it's not.

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/