Re: Please summarise your DebCamp activities for the Publicity Team

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:28:07AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> For the work on a "DebConf finished" announcement and the later
> work on the final report of the conference, it would be extremly
> helpful, if you could summarise your activities (or better:  your teams
> activities) for us. Please send them to
> debian-publicity@lists.debian.org.

http://dde.debian.net/debchanges/
  (unannounced, I need more feedback before doing so)
  it's a set of RSS feeds which match the FTP mirror and show the
  changes in the mirror. Other services can hook into it to get
  notifications to incrementally keep in sync with the archive.

  This was done after testing ideas with Ansgar Burchardt
  (ftp-assistant) and Rhonda (of packages.debian.org).

  Zobel helped with the necessary support on DSA side.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2011/07/msg00019.html
  minechangelogs, FAST, it can greatly help the NM process. This was
  done with the help of Ansgar Burchardt.

  Zobel and Steve Gran helped with the necessary support on DSA side.

Restored https://nm.debian.org/dm_list.html
  Thanks to the support of Zobel and the rest of DSA, the DM list page
  is now back. I've sent a little announcement mail to debian-newmaint
  but I lost connectivity ATM so I can't look up the link to the
  archives.

Worked with Tássia Camões to move the Debtags website to the Debian wiki
and greatly cleaned up its contents. debtags.alioth.debian.org now
points to http://wiki.debian.org/Debtags

Worked with Vagrant Cascadian to make sure nodm can be used in a LTSP
environment, and now it can, so there can now be loginless kiosk
machines all running as terminals to a central server.

Fixed several RC bugs in my own packages, and worked with people to
investigate or fix some other bugs.

Plus lots of talking and scheming laying down foundations to start
things which should hopefully come to fruition and be concrete enough to
be announceable in the next days.

Ciao,

Enrico

--