DD age histogram (was: Histogram of ages of packages)

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 10:17:00AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Kingsley G. Morse Jr. (kingsley@loaner.com):
> > I thought you might be interested in the attached
> > histogram.
>
> Do you have this somewhere online? The Debian Publicity team could be
> interested in adding a reference to it in a further Debian news
> publication.

About histogram, some months ago I wondered about the distribution of DD's age,
and moreover how it evolves in time (is Debian still successful in catching
interest of *young* contributors ?).

Average DD is 34, 80% of them are between 26 and 42.

Animated gif
http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/developers-age-histogramm/devs-age-histo.gif

All data:
http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/developers-age-histogramm/

What it lacks:
- data before I got interested in that:
  LDAP doesn't contain the field "Account Creation Date",
  NM database is not publicly readable, and parsing
  https://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php would not be reliable: which
  email used by the applicant ?
- 3D representation of data, would ease interpretation, or maybe a stacked
  histogram, with time in x, and age distrib in y.
- sometimes valid data, because I guess we don't really have DD < 10.
- only 598 DD provide their age (one little 1/3)

--
Simon Paillard