Re: Request for review and translations

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:27:13 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
[...]
> Can I please beg you (and any other Germans reading this) never to use > the word "respectively"? Any sentence where you feel it ought to be > added either doesn't need it or should probably be rephrased to avoid > it. In this case I genuinely cannot tell what you're trying to say,
> so I'm going to have to trim it to something intelligible:

>  will be available soon at the regular locations.</p>
>
> (We don't offer any media that are "accompanied with the package
> archive", so I've just thrown that phrase out.)

Uhm, I am not sure who actually wrote that (and must say, even with a solid background in Germish I cannot really parse it either :)). So I'll
leave this to the author and set a mental not never ever to use
respectively again ;)

Funny, I never read the announcement thorougly, thinking as english
native speakers where involved, it should be fine ;)

I must admit I've never noticed how horribly that paragraph reads; I suspect I mentally scroll past it when checking through the drafts.

We get the text from the release team directly; AFAIK it is created by some script, so that should be fixed there I think. But I'm where that
resides, so no patch.

We are indeed the current source of the text. fwiw, I largely created the template we use by taking the WML source from a previous announcement, so the majority of the content has likely been fairly static for several years now.

I've updated the template to use Justin's suggestion; thanks. The script and template are both in the release-tools git - there are mirrors of the repository on git.d.o but they're outdated since the alioth migration; I've added a to-do list item to sort that out.

Regards,

Adam