Re: Request for review and translations

Hi Meike,

On 2011-06-22 11:49, Meike Reichle wrote:
Hi all

there is a new announcement in the publicity svn at
svn.debian.org/svn/publicity/announcements/en/2011 that is ready for
reviews and (later on) translations.

If you do not have access to the svn here is the web-accessible repo:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/2011

When sending comments to the list please keep me in cc, since I am not
subscribed to all of them.

Thanks and regards,
Meike
the presentation is good, but there's something I'm unsure in the content. Obviously testing has completely migrated to LibreOffice, the release we can't say really "completed" transition to LibreOffice is stable. The announcement covers stable, and seems to say that because LibreOffice is available as a backport, the transition is complete there too. Then there a section "Installation of LibreOffice" that says:

Users of the current stable release Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>  should add
the following line in their<tt>/etc/apt/sources.list</tt>  file

<pre>
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
</pre>

We know that only users who want LibreOffice should do that, but this is not clear. It sounds like all squeeze users, at least those using OOo, should do that. Furthermore, this adds backports to the sources of people who will follow the advice. As backports have no security support, I don't think it is responsible to send these instructions without warning about the risks they create.