Re: Debian Project News 2011/09 frozen. Please review and translate

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 11:01:26AM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> > On 2011-06-05 18:33, David Prévot wrote:
> >> So, it's time to update
> >> <a
> >> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/05/msg00007.html";>fingerprints</a>
> >> <a
> >> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/05/msg00008.html";>for
> >> the two hosts</a>.
> > The link on "for the two hosts" is weird.
>
> It's a difficult one, given that we need two links but we don't want
> to get bogged down in describing them (since the second is a
> correction).  Maybe we could use
>    So it's time for a <a href=".../msg00007.html">fingerprint</a>

Nice solution!

> >> One article is titled<a
> >> href="http://www.fria.nu/artikel/88296";>Det demokratiska Debian</a>
> >> (<q>The democratic Debian</q>), which describes Debian's organization
> >> and social responsibility.
> >
> > Here, "which" refers to a title, but the title doesn't describe
> > Debian's organization and social responsibility, it's the article
> > itself that does. Use instead:
> > One article is titled [...] and describes Debian's ...
>
> Okay.

This part (and the next one) is a quote from Per Andersson. Even if I've
fixed a little typo (s,phat,fat), I don't think we have the right to
change his sentences formulation (being its corrected or not): as they're
included in the <q></q> tags, we have to leave them leave unchanged.

> >> in the paper edition
> >> there is also a big fat Debian Women logo
> >
> > Let's avoid this poor formulation and replace with "a [very] large
> > logo of Debian Women".
>
> Oops, yes.  How about "there is a great big Debian Women logo, too" to
> maintain a similar informal tone?  (s/also/too/ because I've just
> noticed there's another "also" in the same line.)

See above.

> Meanwhile near the end in the list of new contributors I'd "corrected"
> "Артём Попов" to "Artem Popov" on the assumption that we're allowed to
> localise everything into one alphabet - after all, Aron Xu doesn't get
> to use Chinese characters.

While writing the paragraph, we (me, David and Alexander) have had a
little debate about it: as Artem decided to put its name in cyrillic on
the uploaded package (as you can see here [1]), my opinion is that
we need to respect his apparent desire to use cyrillic form of his name.
In case, in order to improve readability of the paragraph for no
russians readers, we could add the transliterated name in brackets.

[1] http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/new-maintainers.cgi

Thank you (both) for your revisions,
Francesca

--
<taffit> eof: when I want something | "Convince people with results,
done quickly, I don't wait for      |  rather than words"