Re: Status of http://times.debian.net/

Hi Luca!

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 02:38:34AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> times.d.n is unreachable, now for quite a long time.  I cc:ed Aba who
> was running the service, but he is not listed in the wiki page:
>
>   <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNetDomains>
>
> I vaguely remember that at some point there was a discussion going on
> about merging times.d.n with news.d.n (cc:ing Ana as well, not present
> either on the wiki page above), but maybe I am wrong.
>
> Thus my question: is times.d.n planned to be put live again anytime soon
> or should I simply remove it from my RSS feed?  ;-)

My understanding is times.d.n is not coming back.

About merging times.d.n with news.d.n, at some moment I looked at it,
and there was not too much to merge, 90% of the stuff in times.d.n was
aggregated news item from others sources and in news.d.n I do not
aggregate stuff automatically, I link stuff manually.

>From the top of my head times.d.n was aggregating:
- debconf team blog (not used very often lately).
- debian project news issues
- debian Package of the day (debaday.d.n, also dead now) [1]
- debian interviews, the only original content there. I offered
the interviewed to continue publishing the interviews in news.d.n
without answer [2]

[1] I offered Martin Ferrari who was the final coordinator of
debaday.d.n to host it together with news.d.o or to put a static
copy of it in the web to not lose the information. But Martin
was swamped by $REAL_LIFE and we never got to look at it.
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2010/01/msg00001.html

Ana