Re: [Fwd: Debian at JM2L]

Hi there!

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:20:35 +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:08:23PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> What do you think? Should we go ahead and have a news item about JML2?
>> More importantly, what criteria should we use to decide when we want to
>> have a news item about a specific event and when not?
>
> In any case (even if the event is not registered on the website), the event
> can/should be adversised on debian-news-french (same as mini debconf), which
> IMO gives better visibility than debian-events-eu (3500 french vs 400
> subscribers in EU).

Well, we should not assume that one is subscribed to both
debian-news-french and debian-events-eu: for instance, I am not, but
still I would like to know what is going on nearby Switzerland (and
living in Genève means that France is the first nearby country).

Another note: the fact that an event is registered or not on the *main*
website does not have anything to do with an announcement on
debian-events-*, which IMHO should always be a must.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca