Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

Hi,

On Sun Nov 07, 2010 at 18:07:02 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 09:31:41AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > I personally use MovableType, which has way less of a record than WP -
> > and actually creates static pages for the readers.
>
> To be honest, I couldn't care less of the actual tool which is chosen,
> and I've never used WP myself (I'm on ikiwiki for my own blog). The best
> way forward is to provide a list of requirements and find the software
> which best matches it. AFAICT thus far we have:
>
> - decent security track record
> - support for common blogging features (comment, ping/trackback, …)
> - some way of having guest post authors (I dream of a CMS-like workflow
>   where every DD can submit a blog post for review/publication)
> - someone willing to administer it :)
> - accepted by DSA

- needs to be static pages
- needs to be easy to mirror

You will need to be able to handle a /., without taking too much
resources of the machine. Also DSA would prefer to be able to reboot a
machine without interrupting a enduser related service.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster