Re: Debian Project News 2010/09 frozen, please review and translate

On 2010-08-11 15:28, Justin B Rye wrote:
(Skipping some where I just agree...)

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
On 2010-08-10 12:22, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews
[...]
The 2010 annual Debian Developer Conference, DebConf10, which was held
at Columbia University in New York City, ended last Saturday on 7 August,
2010.
"7 August, 2010", with the comma, doesn't seem right. It looks like a
mix of "Month Day, Year" and "Day Month Year".
It's the style recommended by quite a few style guides, including
the one linked from "http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews";.  Its main
competitor (especially in en_US) is "August 7, 2010"; versions with
ordinal suffixes ("August the 7th") are generally deprecated.
Not exactly, http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews talks about "Day Month Year" (no comma).
DebianEdu, who adapt Debian for the special needs of schools and
similar institutions,<a
href="http://lists.debian.org/2fltynl2bfo.fsf@login2.uio.no";>released
their first test version</a>   based uopn Debian
<q>Squeeze</q>.
s/uopn/upon/

I believe "who adapt" should be "which adapts".
"Their first test version" implies that we're seeing the project as
a group of people rather than an institution, so "who adapt".  A bit
of an en_GBism.
It makes sense in this perspective, but the sentence still sounds wrong to me. According to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu#AboutDebianEdu.2BAC8Skolelinux :

Debian Edu

    *

is a Debian project to make the best distribution for educational purposes.
      You can read more about it here.
Perhaps "Debian Edu team members".

[...]
While Annual Debian Developers Conference 2010 has just ended,
preparations for the 2011 conference have already begun.
DebConf10 is *the* 2010 Annual Debian Developers Conference, but I don't
think "Annual Debian Developers Conference 2010" is a proper noun.
In fact the phrase "annual Debian Developers Conference" is getting
overused by this point in the text.  Couldn't it just say "the 2010
DebConf"?
[Seems much better]
According to the<a href="http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php";>unofficial
	release-critical bug counter</a>, the upcoming release,
	Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by
245 release-critical bugs. Ignoring bugs which are easily solved
	or on the way to being solved, roughly speaking, about
145 release-critical bugs remain to be solved for the
	release to happen.
Assuming this is valid as of August 6 (based on
http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/2010-31 ), the high number is
misleading. If I see 245 affect squeeze, I would basically expect to
find that number if I select "squeeze" in the RC bugs count. But I get
323. The reason is squeeze-only bugs are subtracted from the squeeze
bugs, since they are fixed.
Er, 245 is misleadingly high because really it's 323?
I didn't say "misleadingly high", I said the high number is misleading. There are 2 numbers; the low number, 145, and the high number, 245.