Re: use of special characters (mostly accented words) in index.wml

Francesca ha scritto:
> In italian we use accented vowels; so, usually, I use entities in HTML
> document (like è instead of è) and I think it's correct to use
> entities to represent accented letters also in wml.
> But then, when we convert index.wml in plain text in order to send the
> newsletter...the entieties returns entities!

What should be the encoding used in WMLs? I translated some Debian web
pages using ISO-8859-15 (which is able to encoded the accented
characters used in Italian), and the accented characters are correctly
displayed.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>