Re: [Fwd: Debian at JM2L]

Hi there!

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:34:34 +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Am 10.11.2010 14:08, schrieb Stefano Zacchiroli:
>> Folks, when reading this I was about to ask Carl if someone from Debian
>> France can coordinate with this list a proper announcement via Debian
>> News. Then, however, it occurred to me that not necessarily we want to
>> advertise via Debian News the Debian presence to every FOSS event out
>> there; it wouldn't hurt, but we probably want to draw a line somewhere.
>>
>> What do you think? Should we go ahead and have a news item about JML2?
>> More importantly, what criteria should we use to decide when we want to
>> have a news item about a specific event and when not?
>
> I don't think we should announce every event with its own advertisement,
> but only the important and special ones.  Where special is not easily to
> define.

What does "advertisement" specifically mean here?  If it is an official
mail for the press, then I agree, but for any other meaning not, i.e. I
think every event should have its own message on the debian-events-*
mailing list (and unfortunately it is a pity that there is not a
worldwide debian-events mailing list).

> Nevertheless all events should be listed on the events page, and should
> be mentioned in an "upcoming events" section of the DPN (which I grant I
> nearly always forget).

Fully ACK, the major problem I see ATM is that sometime I read about
events on Planet or other sources instead of "proper" mailing lists
(i.e. the debian-events-* ones).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca