Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debian Merchandise BoF?

On Aug 3, 2010, at 12:24, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> [ dropping debconf-discuss from Cc ]
>
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 09:10:16PM -0400, Luca Capello wrote:
>> These is a report of the Merchandise BoF at DebConf10:
>
> Thanks a lot for the BoF and for the report!

Thanks for all the merchandise related work you do Luca (and everyone else). I rely on you to help me expand my debian t shirt collection which has now grown thanks to DebConf10. :-)

I do think this is a very valuable service - t shirts are very popular items and an effective form of marketing so I think we should not under estimate the value of Luca doing this work for the project.

>> decided that the best place to continue discussing about merchandise
>> should be the Debian Marketing Team <http://wiki.debian.org/Marketing>,
>> read the *full* mail, thanks in advance.
>
> FWIW, I personally agree that -publicity is the right place to have this
> discussion, as there you find people that are interested in promoting
> Debian in various ways.  I've been told (by you) that there is a
> -merchandise mailing list somewhere (can't check right now as I'm
> offline). Having both lists at this point might sound quite confusing.
> Would you mind mailing that list that merchandise stuff will be
> discussed here?

FWIW I agree as well. I think this list should be the main focus of both merchandising and marketing. It has a fair amount of traffic, people are active on the list, and seems quite relevant.

>> I will try to attend that BoF as well, but I am not sure I can due to
>> my new videoteam membership.
>
> FWIW, I plan to attend that BoF.

Excellent. :) .oO(Now I have to be prepared.)

One of the things I'd like to address (and I'll send an list of suggested agenda items to this list for feedback) is the relationship of the various teams, i.e. Merchandising, Press, Publicity, and Marketing. I'd also like to address this email; http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00009.html specifically how we can incorporate the work that has been done by Andreas and Moritz and carry it forward. I think their input would be invaluable.

As mentioned, I'll forward a list of suggested items for the BoF agenda. But please, submit your ideas, views and commentary and I'll incorporate them onto the agenda and make a point of prioritizing them. This is a great opportunity for all of us to have the full attention of the DPL so we should take advantage of it. :-)

Warm regards,

Jeremiah

PS - Please note that the BoF has changed time and location. Now there should be a video feed of the BoF. Check the DebConf10 schedule for the authoritative time and place.