Re: Debian Project News 2010/05 frozen, please review and translate

On 2010-07-12 07:00, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

Am 26.06.2010 22:23, schrieb Filipus Klutiero:

That section is very confusing. Although I can see how the math was done
when looking at the blog post (assuming the numbers need an update), the
section still looks broken, going into some details but ignoring others.
One solution could be to stick to a very short summary, stating that,
roughly speaking, *approximately* 163 bugs (the lowest number) remain to
be solved before the next release, keeping the reference to the blog post.
Ufz.  I finally found the time to get back to this topic.

You have a better idea on how to write that paragraph?  The Problem as I
see it, is that to actually understand that statistics, you need to
write down quite a lot explanation, so that an average user may
understand the meaning of the tags and why they can safely be ignored.
My attempt is the following:
http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/releasing-squeeze-6

And I think the entire statistic (as can be seen on
http://blog.schmehl.info/2010/07/09#2010-27) would be quite much for the
DPN, so I used a shortened version for that.
I agree with that.
Well, while rewriting the paragraph one could of course add a link to
the complete statistics in my blog and to the explanation of the tags
(which than again should be moved to the wiki).
I agree. I wrote the message you replied to under the impression that this link was already there. It is not, and it should be there as a minimum.

As I was saying, I think a possible solution would be to make the statistics very summary. For example:

According to the unofficial RC-bugs count, the upcoming release, Debian 6.0 "Squeeze", is currently affected by 339 release-critical bugs. Ignoring bugs which are easily solved or on the way of being solved, roughly speaking, about 208 release critical bugs remain to be solved for the release to happen.

With something linking to an explanation.