Re: something I've done with Debian

On Monday 02 November 2009 11:58:17 pm Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Allen <GedankeZauberer@comcast.net> wrote:
> > I sent a similar message to a FreeBSD mailing list since I did use
> > FreeBSD as well as Linux for all of this music, but the newest song, I
> > used Debian by itself, since I've now gotten LMMS working great on
> > Debian. I just wanted to copy and paste the post to show how great Debian
> > really is, and that I've done something using NOTHING but Free / Open
> > software:
>
> I can't actually listen to your work due to myspace not working with
> Gnash/Swfdec, but I think it is really great that FLOSS is being used
> for music production, thanks for sharing that with us.
>
> You might want to add a bit of free software promotion to the page;
> "Made with LMMS, FreeBSD, SUSE and Debian" with links to the 4 sites,
> probably in the "General Info" section would be appropriate.

It's in the Bio section :) I've been promoting the crap out of LMMS because of
how useful I've found it. I also generally can't think of what to put as a
sig most of the time, so I normally just link to software I like, generally
Slackware, Debian, SUSE, and FreeBSD along with LMMS now that I have been
using it long enough (I started using it about 2 and a half years ago and now
I use it exclusively) I used to have Cakewalk, but let my Uncle borrow it and
didn't ever get it back, and Orion Pro I had a demo of so I couldn't record
unless I used a mic (I still have a lot of the stuff I made with the mic heh,
it's terrible becase of quality issues) but then I started with LMMS and used
MHWaveEdit to add in samples. Once I had a song done I liked adding samples
from Night of the Living Dead, so I'd use MHWaveEdit to add those in after
the song was completed, but it would not allow music to be played while a
sample was added, so it would be silent while the sample played which is OK
for an intro or something, but then one day I realized LMMS could actually do
samples too as long as it was a WAV or OGG file, so I finally made it so that
I used LMMS by itself without any other apps, and once I did that I sent my
Myspace to the people who work on LMMS and got good responses. I also had a
link but I'm not sure it worked to LMMS. I should fix that actually and
update that.

--
http://www.myspace.com/farmacyofhorror
Digital Horror Punk - Music I make! All done with LMMS